Level 2 Award for Working as a Security Officer within the Private Security Industry:
This new three day course that was introduced on 1st January 2015, and is designed to train new Security Guards and Security Officers to be employed in industrial or commercial premises. This qualification will enable you to achieve the required accreditation to apply for an SIA Licence in Security Guarding.
You should also consider the Door Supervision Course which qualifies you for both Security Guarding and working at Licensed Premises.
Course length: 3-days
Assessment: 3-Multiple choice exams.
Certification: Successful candidates will receive an Award for Working as a Security Officer within the Private Security Industry.
Booking: Book now by calling us on 0161 258 0734 or book online at www.manchesterlearningacademy.org.uk
Working within the Private Security Industry:-
- The main characteristics of the Private Security Industry.
- Legislation as it applies to the individual in carrying out a licensable activity.
- The importance of safe working practices to comply with legal requirements.
- Fire procedures in the workplace.
- Emergencies and the importance of emergency procedures.
Working as a Security Officer within the Private Security Industry:-
- The Role of a Security Officer within the PSI.
- The law relevant to the role of a security officer.
- The importance of, and reasons for, patrolling.
- Controlling access to and egress from a site.
- Searching relevant to a security officer.
- The purpose and functions of different types of electronic and physical protection systems.
- Reporting and record keeping relevant to a security office.
Conflict Management within the Private Security Industry:-
- The principles of conflict management appropriate to their role.
- How to recognise, assess and reduce risk in conflict Situations.
- How to communicate in emotive situations to de-escalate conflict.
- How to develop and use problem solving strategies for resolving conflict.
- Good practice to follow after conflict situations.